puddles of jam.

Saturday, February 4, 2012

skinny love.

bon iver.
my fabulous cori is a huge fan.
i am obsessed with the song skinny love.

Bon Iver - Skinny Love from Sale on Vimeo.


it's been a hell of a week.
cori lost her pop & my friend jeff's mother passed away today.
i've been filled with sadness, grief, confusion & worry.
i think i like listening to this song so much is because it makes me think of my grandpa jack, who passed away in 2002, right before i started my senior year of high school.
my grandpa jack was amazing.
he was my hero. he was so kind & fun & smart.
i would have bet money that he hung the moon.
my grandma ruth & grandpa jack used to call each other skinny.
i loved it. i think it's at the core of why i call my jim, slim.
my grandpa loved jam- hence the name of this blog.
my mom says she misses her dad every day. i do too.
my grandpa jack & grandma ruth.

No comments:

Post a Comment