puddles of jam.

Friday, May 25, 2012

book club.

i am in a really fun book club.
the book club is a work-friend club & it's so
nice to hang with my colleagues outside of work. 
this month we read the last chinese chef
by nicole mones. i love this book.
the book is based in china and part of the focus is on
traditional chinese cusine- the other part is a mystery
involving death/adultery/passion & dna testing.
we decided to go with the theme & went to gu's bistro
a family owned dim sum restaurant on buford highway. 
we ordered 4 items & ate family style.
above is the duck. i had never had duck before, 
but jen read on yelp that the duck was the bomb.
everyone said it tasted like bacon (which i've never had)
and really enjoyed it.
i thought it was okay, but then i got a bad piece and it was over for me.
give it a try for yourself.
the cold noodles were my favorite.
the sesame, ginger & soy sauce was delicious.
i could have eaten the whole thing & slurped the sauce.
fried eggplant. it came out on fire- both in temp & spice!
tofu & veggies w/ special potatoes?!
yours truly with the chef, mr. gu!
my pic collage fav's.
i love my book club.

1 comment:

  1. Despite not loving the book I definitely loved the meeting and the food! Even though I was there when you took the pictures it's still fun to see them again a few days later. :)

    ReplyDelete