puddles of jam.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

i am amazed.

jim just amazes me.
he is so handy and imaginative and can fix anything.
the brave little entrepreneur started up a
small lawn care business in the neighborhood this summer.
we put out a few flyers last night and he already has 3 customers!
in preparing for his upcoming jobs, jim realized that his
weed-eater was busted and the fuel lines needed to be replaced.
there was a brief panic, some internet searching and a trip to home depot...
he sat and worked with the tiny pieces for about an hour.
soon it was test time- filled the ole boy with gas...
and bam! it started up super fast and was good to go.
i am so proud of jim's hard work.
he explained everything to me, step by step-
just in case i needed to do this in the future.
*lord help me if i ever need to do anything involving a weed-eater. i know i will fail.

i think i might be so amazed by slim's handyman-ship
because in my house growing up, we called in help for everything.
don't get me wrong, my dad is an amazing & funny & smart & kind man-
but he doesn't know (or care to learn) a thing about being handy.
my mom found this shirt for my dad for father's day
and it couldn't be more fitting!
union of jewish handymen
rare are those who are able
repairing the world one light bulb at a time

No comments:

Post a Comment