puddles of jam.

Monday, January 14, 2013

lucille.

we received devastating news on friday that one of
our college friends & sorority sisters had died suddenly.
lucille.
lucille was one of a kind. 
a strong, independent and loving sister.
she was four years older than me, but stuck around
cullowhee for grad school, so she was very much present throughout 
my first few years of school and played a large role in my sorority life.
we were both very active in the campus women's center too.
she lived in the apartment across from kathryn, heather & carly,
 where i hung out way too much and we always just ran over there....
she called kathryn kramer because of the way 
she would skid into her apartment all crazy-like...
i've been thinking about lucille non-stop since tara 
called me with the news late friday. i was in shock.
memories, sadness & regrets, riddled me throughout
 the weekend & nonstop thru my hour-long yoga practice today.
my true sadness comes in thinking about lucille's parents,
husband, her 3 month old son & her closest friends.
her life just ended so quickly. 
her young son will never know her and i feel it's unfair.
a lot of people say it's part of a plan.
 i can see how that can be comforting
but i just feel so much overwhelming grief and sadness.  
best dam fam.
that's me, kathryn, emily & luc.
in sorority talk: big sister, grand-big, great-grand-big....
luc adored her BEST DAM FAM and spoiled us all rotten.
isn't this picture just dreamy.

1 comment:

  1. This is too tragic, I am so sorry for your loss. May her memory be a comfort for all who knew and loved her.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete