puddles of jam.

Friday, August 10, 2012

from good to bad.

slim & i got new mountain bikes.
slim researched for weeks and we scored great bikes
slim got the trek fuel ex 8.
yours truly got this gorgeous beastly beauty, lush.

pic collage of our time at the bike shop...

i even had time for some bike wheel yoga.


happy customers!!!
Riding For Enjoyment
on wednesday we decided to break in our new bikes!
we had previously broken in our new brakes and
 felt like we were ready to go.
slim had a few issues with his wheels, but he googled it,
watched a few videos and we were on our way.
we were about 30 minutes in our ride when all of a sudden
i was on the ground with my bike on top of me.
apparently i was following jim and there was another rider coming
our way through a big mud patch and slim had called out "let's let him
go through first" i guess i was just appreciating nature & not paying attention
& before i knew it i locked up my brakes and went flying over my handle bars
and onto the ground. ouch....



scratched up knee, hip, butt, shoulder, back & ego.


post crash pics.
road/trail/dirt rash stings so bad!
and then to make my evening even better.. we came home to find 
out that our loving dogs had gotten into lea's room & ate a pair of lea's
toms and this beautiful set i had gotten months & months ago for my bff
kathryn's bachelorette this weekend...
i was a mess. a complete mess. i was so frustrated i just sat & cried.
my mom called & i cried to her which always makes it better & worse
at the same time. there's something about hearing my mom's voice that
just opens the flood gates for me. 
slim was amazing though, he made a great dinner & told me i was a badass
and brave for finishing the ride after the spill... 
and then the next day at work i got this super cute
flower-cupcake delivered from my sweet mom with a note that said:
i hope today is a better day.
thanks, mom!


1 comment:

  1. Slim is right- you are a serious badass. Your story scared me the other night and I was glad to hear you are relatively ok.
    Your Mom is so sweet and thoughtful. Heal quickly so you can get back on your bike. I know you and Slim have many more miles of fun on the road in your future. Please keep yourself safe and on top of your bike...no more stories of your bike on top of you!

    ReplyDelete