puddles of jam.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

keep calm & sew on.

sewing has been fun, frustrating, difficult and magical.
last week we learned how to make a reversible tote bag.
i think mine came out pretty nice.
i'm obsessed with the houndstooth print.
i think it matches funkily with pretty flowers and basic prints.
this week we made a picnic placemat.
the most challenging part for me was making 
a continuous bias tape for the border.
i spent an hour on sunday trying to create one and i drove myself crazy.
my classmates helped out and i got it done- but...
i need another one for next week, so wish me luck!
i choose a quirky mushroom pattern with gingham borders
for my picnic placemat. it was a fun project that taught many skills.
spots for a fork, knife, spoon, chopsticks and a napkin!
check out the delicious fabrics from whipstitch.

 happy sewing, my friends.




whipstitch

2 comments:

  1. Sew on Molly, sew on!! And when you need to, breathe deep and step away from the machine.
    I am excited for you to have a new outlet for your creativity. Enjoy!
    ps. Thanks iPhone for the excellent photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, sissy, fantastic work! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete