puddles of jam.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

my grandma ruth.

my beloved granmother, ruth
passed away last week, peacefully in her sleep.
a lot of people have been asking me, 
was it sudden or expected?
when i say she was in hospice care & 90 years old
people often think that it must have been expected
but it wasn't. i was not ready to loose her.
she still had so much life to give & share.
although her body was getting weak, her mind was so clear.
she could remember the oldest memories, and also
ask about everyday things like my work & my friends.
she loved sweet treats and the new york yankees.
she loved my outfits & jewlery & always made me feel like
i was the most beautiful girl she'd ever seen.
she thought jim was such a good man &
believed we were a great pair.
i'll miss her stories & holding her hand.
 i miss her smile & her laugh.

Ruth 1:16
from the book of ruth.


1 comment:

  1. I adore this post and picture of your beloved grandma. She was a very special woman and I am grateful I was able to get to know her the last 8 months.
    I was always so touched by the love and devotion you two shared. Her memory is a blessing to all who knew her.

    ReplyDelete